Peer tutor is committed to the highest safeguarding standards.
Our application contains a number of built-in safeguarding features which aim to protect users and provide a secure online learning environment.
These features include:
- All tutors are verified students in school 6th forms, colleges or universities. All tutors require a photo ID and must provide exam certificates for verification.
- We do not use online video or profile pictures of students (tutors or tutees).
- All communications between tutors and tutees are moderated using a leading online moderation platform. (https://www.twohat.com) for all text and images.
- Our terms and conditions, alongside the tutor training on safeguarding, prohibit contact between tutors and tutees outside of the website.
- We complete random sampling of questions and feedback by Peerz Academy management.
- Our management have a valid DBS and child protection level 1 and 2 training.
- Every session collects feedback from tutors and tutees.
- Finally, our website has a link to CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).